5 Things You Can Do To Make Your Home Office A Cool Place To Be
by Jenn Ingram
Are you someone who wants an office with style? Who sees yourself as a trendsetter? These simple adjustments to your home office can improve your efficiency and create a more modern look. Even better, they can even help you stay fit.
Here are some simple tips:
Tip # 1 - Stay fit while working by:
- choosing a standing desk or desk with adjustable heights.` This way you can sit down when you want and stand up when you want, which can help avoid restless and is better for your body.
- Or choose a balance ball chair. These balls allow you to sit comfortably, keep your back straighter, and easily move from place to place.
- There’s even an ultimate balance ball with an option to swivel.
- Set up a treadmill at your desk. Just because it's a treadmill doesn't mean you have to be moving all the time, it just means when you take breaks and you can put in a few steps.
Tip # 2 - Use two screens
- Setting up two monitors means you no longer will allow you to juggle multiple projects with ease. You can reduce your use of multiple tabs on your browser. Also, you can have two different size screens depending on your needs.
Tip # 3 - Set up a TV screen as one of your monitors
- This will give you a great visual space to see what you are doing and allow your creativity to flourish.
Tip # 4 - Set up an external hard drive so you’re not beholden to the cloud.
- By using an external hard drive or flash drive, you can access the drive without being connected to the Internet. Portable drives are tiny and can fit into a drawer.
- This can reduce your monthly charges for online storage space.
- It can be a great resource in a power outage.
Tip # 5 - A streamlined office look can be achieved easier by reducing cord clutter with a cordless power center or wireless charging station.
- Eliminating electric cords on the floor creates a slicker looking office and a safer office. There's less chance of tripping over cords, plus it makes it easier to sweep and clean the floor area around your office.
- You can invest in a wireless charging station for your phone, and place those smaller items on a universal charger, no cords and no aggravation.
- You can buy a wireless mouse and keyboard.
- If you do not want to go cordless, you can combine your charging center by using a 3-prong and USB charger all- in-one station with surge protection.
Give your office an edge today!
*Some of these links are affiliate links.